The initial meeting is complimentary and is designed to give us an opportunity to learn about your situation and about what issues are of greatest concern to you. You will learn about how we work with clients, what services we provide, and how we get paid for those services.
As independent financial professionals, we can be compensated in a variety of ways depending on the solution developed for a client. At the end of the meeting, we will make sure that you know how we will be paid and will get your consent before moving forward. There is no obligation or presumption that you will engage us.
Once we have sufficient information, we can provide you with the following at no charge:
- Pension benefit estimate
- Personal retirement income analysis
- Portfolio review
- Pension alternative analysis
- Social security benefits analysis
- College funding analysis
To make our initial meeting as productive as possible, we ask that you provide us with as many of the following materials as possible:
- Desired retirement age, current age, number of years teaching service, current salary, Retirement Plus
- Most recent MTRS/SERS annual statement
- Most recent social security statements
- Most recent retirement investment summary statements (IRAs, 401(k), 403(b), 457) for you and your spouse
- Investment account summaries, including CD rates and maturities
- Recent pay stub
You will have all your questions and concerns addressed. You will leave the meeting with a better understanding of where you stand in preparing for an enjoyable retirement.